View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Honey

Just for a little background. My daughter started the giving tree when she was 12. She is now 34. The only year she did not do it was the year her son was born prematurely. Last year she provided gifts for almost 600 kids in need. Her and I do the shopping for at least half of it. When people take tags and fill them, they rarely come back with just one gift. So the kids each get 3 gifts or more. It is a county wide program so the whole country gets behind it and gives. She sets up over 30 trees and has 3 or 4 fund raisers. She does this with very little help. Her DH has supported her in this endeavor since they first met. That first year she had 2 families with 4 kids. So she and her brothers earned money and asked for donations from friends and family. She used to provide a full Christmas dinner, too, but with so many, that became impossible. Every penny that is donated is used strictly for gifts. She would rather not have people know it is her doing this, but it has gotten to big for her to remain completely anonymous. I honestly don't mean to brag, but I am very proud of her and all that she has done. Some years it has been down to the wire for having enough money, but God has always provided.