Old 09-25-2011, 11:45 PM
BrendaK
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
I'll take one! And will love it to death! I've made everyone in my close family one or two quilts each. My cousin is a quilter, a sewer, a crafter. Not one time have I EVER received a home made item from her. I have friends I've made quilts for & I've got nothing ever from them either. I feel offended but don't know why. I've made quilted jackets & purses for 2 of my quilting friends & NOTHING in return. I must have kooties or something, I can't figure it out.
Hi I don't think that's it's the kooties. More likely it's that after they have seen the beautiful things that you have done they are probably feeling that their things aren't good enough. They also could be thinking if they gave you something you might wonder why they gave it to you. Because you do so much you probably could make it yourself. Could be that they feel they can't match what you give. No disespect intended but do you give people things so that you will receive something in return? I don't think so. I feel you give from your heart. So just let it go. God Bless BrendaK