View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Nantie

I belonged to a guild at a LQS until it closed. Some of the members have since joined a group where we sew once a month for the whole weekend..fri.sat.sun. We sew at a local Marriott hotel that charges us a very reasonable rate for their 2 conference rooms. The hotel is nearby so we do not stay over, but they do supply us with irons, ironing boards, fresh water, and basically whatever else we ask for. The cost for each of us is $50 for the whole weekend, you can set up your stuff and come and go as you please, and just leave your projects and machines etc. all set up. The rooms are never left unlocked when none of us are there so everything is secure. Also, some of our local quilt shops offer us a 15% discount for shopping on our "Marriott weekends". The weekends are really so much fun with help from those more expert at something, show and tells going on all weekend, and an instant resource if you are looking for a pattern or particular fabrics...and of course many opinions. I don't know if something like this would be practical for your area..I jst thought I would share.