Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
charismah
Banned

Kat sent me this ADORABLE memory quilt. She made it for a friend I believe? The groom is a pilot and the wedding was a fall themed wedding.

This quilt has so many perfect details...signatures from the guest, acorns, pumpkins, squirrels, airplanes.....it was so fun to look at while quilting. Believe it or not I started scrapbooking before quilting ....and I viewed this as a huge scrapbook page. I viewed my thread as an embellishment. After you finish a scrapbook page ..you go in with a fine maker to highlight...or write messages and whatnot.

SO I picked a charcoal grey color for quilting. Which was kind of a scrapbook move..but also because black is the absence of color...so it is actually not as noticeable...seem strange right? It would have been more noticeable had a chosen white or something else....or I could have changed threads multiple times.

Kat's only request is that I put feathers somewhere....so I tried to squeeze them in where I could. Next to the bride and groom pictures...and in the borders....I put clouds next to the plane and feathers on the other side...That Way I could represent the bride and the groom that way.

I tried to just accent and carry on what she was trying to accomplish in the quilt so I didn't take away from all of her hard work! I just love this kind of project!

I used Hobbs Poly down batting. I quilted this on my 18 INNOVA.
Thanks for looking.

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262548[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-262483.jpe   attachment-262484.jpe   attachment-262485.jpe   attachment-262486.jpe   attachment-262487.jpe  

attachment-262488.jpe   attachment-262492.jpe   attachment-262493.jpe   attachment-262494.jpe   attachment-262495.jpe