Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Mirima

I live SE of San Antonio in a very small town. I have almost completed my first quilt. (will post pictures soon) The most interesting thing about quilting is i don't often find any my age who quilt. I'm 22 :). I've always been into making costumes for LOTR, Star Wars etc but i'm a book nerd at heart XD. When I first decided to quilt I was just overwhelmed with all the "rules" and have since learned to be flexible. I love love love quilts!

The looks you get when you say "I am quilting this new" ... no life? I am a staunch defender of my families tradition. Everyone receives a blanket (afghan or quilt) on the important occasions (birth, marriage, graduation etc.) No, i did not make any of these but the women in my family have. After my grandmother passed away in '07 and me off to college, I am now working on building my skills as a quilter. TYG that my Godmother learned from my grandmother about quilting!I hope to learn all I can to keep my grandmothers and her mother's traditions alive!

The pic i posted is from my WIP, I haven't updated the pick but i am just now finishing up the last binding edge on a twin size, pinwheel quilt. :D Can't wait to have to completed today!(sorry the pics were to big, but my avatar has the quilt i'm working on, I have to edit in Photoshop to pull down the size! You wouldn't think a little camera phone would take huge pics but it does.)