View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 PM
aorlflood

Have you ever thought about doing something, planned for it, dreamed of it, wanted it...only to be REALLY disappointed with the outcome when you finally did it?

Ever wonder why I haven't yet posted pictures of the finished, bound and washed whole-cloth quilt even though it's been done for a few weeks now??? Well...I'm just really disappointed in what it looks like.

Since washing out the blue markings basically, it looks like one big blob of white. :( The center medallion doesn't show up AT ALL! :( I'm really disappointed in it. I really should have done the quilting in a colored or variegated thread so the design would show up better.

I've been so disappointed in this quilt, that I haven't even put it on our bed to use. I've had it folded up on a quilt rack with the BACK side showing.

At least the back has something interesting to look at. I really love the black and white toile fabric.

I spent 9 months hand quilting it only to be disappointed in the outcome. However, I did learn a valuable lesson...I actually LIKE to see the stitching in my quilts! In the past I have done everything I could to make my stitches virtually invisible. But no more! I want to see the stitching and the design!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-262639.jpe   attachment-262640.jpe