View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynn_z
I guess I have to ask you the same..are you for real? I did not know I would be the only student for the class. I didn't get home from work until late and rushed as much as I could to be on time. I cannot walk out of work if I am needed there. I had the option of cancelling the class but because it was last minute, I did everything possible to make it. I did not have an attitude just thankful I wasn't any later. Of course, I brought some supplies but she could have easily told me any other requirements in her emails. It was a difficult pattern but if it was easy, I wouldn't need a class. I left early because the only thing keeping her there was me and I knew she was tired plus 1 class fee doesn't pay for 3 hours of teaching. If she had not of had a friend there that she was chatting with the first 2 hours, I could have learned what I needed sooner. All I have to compare to is other classes which I have always not only learned something but had a good time. I was very let down and will not take another class there. I have been a loyal customer for many years and I know she didn't know that but since it was an advanced pattern, she should have known that I bought lots of fabric somewhere. There's more quilt police than you can imagine, obviously.
1. An Instructor should tell you exactly what to bring, I always give a supply list.
2. An Instructor should not chat with a friend. Her job at the moment is to teach you.
3. I am so sorry you had such an awful experience. I love teaching, and I always try to make all of my students feel comfortable.
4. If an Instructor doesn't want to teach just one student, she should cancel her class.
5. I hope you will finish your quilt and show us pictures. I would love to see them.