View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 05:54 AM
flowerjoy

Thank you for your kind reply... I do believe my response to you was a bit harsh in asking about your sons' possible death in war... for that I apologize... I have a son too and absolutely nothing would ever make up for that horror... even the thought... so again, my deep apologies. I remember the 60's and hence Vietnam as a nightmare with so many unwilling friends losing their lives. And yes, my family was also one that fell apart, partly due to the polarization - military on one side of the family and overwhelming sadness with so many deaths on the other side. I did resolve my feelings by being grateful for those who volunteer to "protect" our lives from "enemies" and ever so grateful for the choice not to give up life for a war one did not believe in, hence, the volunteer army. I would never want to go back to that period of time... would rather deal with economic hardships anytime than so many unwilling deaths. And I am most grateful of all that my son (and yours) are living in a period when the choice is their own. There are so many many ways to serve our society and country other than war. I will be most happy when no young men or women lose their lives in such a manner. Please accept my apologies for my rather harsh question. I already knew what your answer was... you are a mother first and foremost... as most of us are. Peace to you and yours.