View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Honeynga

I have an inexpensive Singer, a Bernette (the cheaper version made by Berina) a Brother CS 60 that I would like to sell, and a Brother XL 3750, which is inexpensive, and I bought a Singer Athens 1200 at a thrift store that works great !

I love my Bernette and my Brother 3750, both have proven to be great little machines. I've just started quilting and haven't yet quilted on these machines other than samples and mug rugs......maybe ONE day I might have a really nice super machine that has all the bells and whistles, but then again if you've never had bells and whistles you don't know what you are missing !

I had a former neighbor that designed and made exercise and swim wear for men; he sells on the internet and does very well. He uses the $100 Singer from WM for a couple of years then throws it away and buys another. He said that the Singer stretch stitch worked well for him.

I tested my Bernette on a couple of rag quilts and it did well, even with all of the lint. At the moment I have Brother 3750 and my Benette on my sewing table (which is also known as my dining room table) and alternate uses depending on what color thread I need at the moment.