View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Ellen
I had mine done 2 weeks apart, tried to wear my regular glasses with one lens out....then remembered I had a pair of contacts I had gotten that summer, put one in my bad eye and away I went. Then went to the dollar store and got a pair of reading glasses. If you don't have a contact lense, go to Walmart and get fitted for one real fast. Won't cost much and you will be soooooo relieved. I had worn bifocals before the surgery so this worked for me. YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEW as soon as you get that contact. The new ones take no getting used to. Bless you, I wish you the best.

BTW, the reason your glasses probably don't work is because the implant is single vision.
I had mine done three weeks apart, could see immediately, washed clothes the same day, drove the next day, grocery shopped the following day. Get them done close together and then you can get your new glasses without having to change lenses in midstream. Also, get the Transitition glasses. They are marvelous and after cataract surgery bright lights are so bright and the Transititions help remarkably. Good luck to you. I had mine done almost three years ago. Edie