View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:27 AM
LindaM49

I LOVE the floral wide border fabric in your Hole in One quilt.

I really can't give any advice since I am so new myself. My first choice was to make one of the biscuit/rag quilts since it looked so easy. I am now working on a wall hanging using 11 1/4" panels and then strips and blocks. Right now I am concentrating more on several wallhangings to get "the feel" of this. And my goal then is to make a queen size quilt using a pattern in a book that I bought over 10 years ago. The problem is I want the exact fabrics shown and that will probably be next to impossible to find. When I'm finally ready I'll worry about it then...lol.

Actually it was a book series that I have been reading and the author was raised Amish but left. One of the characters in the book married out of the faith and realized after a while that she was unhappy. She went to a LQS and got a job, moved back home with their little girl and is settling back into Amish life. Just reading this book got me back to sewing after about 10 years...and I had started a quilt in 1999 and never finished so it's in a box waiting for me to continue.

With your previous experience I bet you will be back in the groove in no time.