Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Honeynga

Landlord could throw me out, DH probably wouldn't ! Actually know that my landlord would like an entire complex of folks like me.....pay rent on time, no problems, easy to deal with, etc. Actually my apt has black mold and he is moving me to another totally refurbished apt, complete with new cabinets, stove, carpet, 12" ceramic tiles, giving me a month's rent, AND he is paying for someone to move me......

Anyway, there are several dumb things I've done in the kitchen and my then DH thought it was dumb, and maybe so. I was boiling eggs, got distracted either by a child or sewing, heard noises in kitchen, went to investigate and eggs had boiled dry, the pan had burned and the eggs had exploded all over the kitchen....even had boiled eggs in the stripling of the ceiling !

Another time I decided to create my own compost to feed our little garden...I collected veggie scraps, coffee grounds, tea leaves, etc. and placed them in a huge Tupperware cake carrier, that I turned upside down to create a large bowl. After a while all of the compost mixture reduced to a liquid...I decided one day that I would pour the mixture on the garden. Being only 5'1" at best, I reached high up over my head and got the container....and I was bringing it down to my level it got away from me and hit the floor......bottom on the floor which caused the entire contents to erupt straight up in the air, in my face, in my hair, all over me......I screamed and ran and got in the shower, clothes and all.....don't remember if it had an odor or not....but a dumb thing to do.

Another dumb thing I did was to warm taco shells in a bread basket one night for dinner.....not knowing the bread basket had some metal in it, it not only caught the taco shells on fire, the basket on fire and burned the inside of the microwave !

And another time, I was cooking fresh turnip grounds in a pressure cooker...again, got distracted, the pressure exploded and I had turnip greens hanging off the curtains, stuck on the window panes, on the ceiling, on top of the fridge...that might of been the biggest mess I've made. Think i sold the pressure cooker in a yard sale after that!

Hope the ice maker issue corrects itself !