View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 09:01 AM
romanojg

Well I've only done two of them and they consist of only 4 shops. This year one was in Va Beach, one in Chesapeake, one in Newport News and the other in Williamsburg. At the first store you sign up and are given a sheet to take to each shop to get it stamped; this year at each shop they were each giving out a different trinket; a silver thimble, silver spool of thread, a pr of scissors and I can't remember the 4th one. At each shop you also get a pattern for a quilt square that will make up the lap/wall hanging size of quilt for that yr. Then you go to each store and get your stamp/trinket and pattern. At the end you get the instructions for the completed quilt; this yr was a wall hanging with a Q in the center and you attach the trinkets to it. Some of the stores offer special deals; like if you brought your canvas bag that you got last year you could get a free FQ of selected fabric. At the last store you turn in your fully stamped sheet and it goes into a drawing and each store gives out a goodie bag. I won this year; mine had a pattern, some FQ; thread a quilters travel mug and a few other things. Most of the shops I go to alot but the one only once a yr; it's an hour away. One store did a trunk show this year. I want to do the one in WV one yr; they have a lot of shops. I got part of the pattern one yr and a lot of the fabric that was specially designed for WV; one day will be quilts for my oldest kids who partly grew up in WV and visit it often. I'm sure others do it differently and like I said; I've only done it twice.