View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by kountrykreation
Originally Posted by butterflies5518
Originally Posted by kountrykreation
Never participated in one, but they do sound like a lot of fun. They have one in Texas, think it's goin on currently, can check out the details here quiltacrosstexas.com The way I understand it, you have to physically visit a predetermined number of quilting shops, in a given area (in this case, the entire state of Texas), and if you manage to visit them all, then you are eligible to win prizes. I seriously considered trying it, thought it might be fun, but at the current cost of gas, and the size of Texas, I calculated that I could just buy the prize cheaper in the long run. Think they also have similar online shop hops as well.
While on vacation a few weeks ago, I stopped in Kerrville, live in Houston and you have your "passport" stamped at the quilt shop. Texas is divided into "regions" so you only have to visit the shops listed. That is only shop I went to as my LQS did not participate this year. But anyways, while at the shop in Kerrville that first Saturday the ideas were swirling, the fabric/patterns flew to my fingertips, met some wonderful ladies, had a blast and pocketbook lighter! I want to do it again....
Can you be 'qualified' for the prize drawings if you only visit one shop? Thought the requirement was to visit at least 4 shops in each region in Texas?
NO, at the last shop that you visit and after you have all of your stamps (4 in my case) you turn in your stamped sheet and then you are entered into the drawing. I thought that traveling an hour was long for me but then I see the one here where it's over a few hours and hundreds of miles; wow, that's a vacation.