Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 AM
bernie

Please give me your imput. This is how I was thinking of doing it.

The size of these (banners) are aprox 20x28. They are for my DIL's pre-school class room.

My idea is to make something from fabric, almost like a quilt or stiffened with interfacing, we will call it the pannel. It will be aprox 30"x38". 5" larger all around. There will be 3 large buttons across the top about 3" down from the top. The ribbon loops will be used to hang the smaller banner from the buttons.

I might put a dowel rod through the top for stiffness. Thought about making a pocket on the back of the pannel to hold the extra banners, but now I'm thinking if I add 3 buttons on the back of the pannel they can be stored there. As to not wrinkle.

Perhaps a row of pockets across the bottom, the childrens names can then be placed on a piece of paper on a popcicle stick and inserted in the pockets, their names can be cut out like an apple, house, turkey, etc.

I was thinking to add 3 loops to the pannel to be hung by tacks or hooks on the wall.

I want it to be interactive, but can't think of anything other than the Birthday Cupcake, I have made 3 candles, the child with the birthday that day,week,or month, can place the candle on the cupcake top. I have sewn a pocket at the bottom of the cupcake to hold the extra candles. Just incase more than 1 birthday.

The cupcake and school house are like a patchwork and the others are simply "wonder under-ed". No sew kind.

The banners are reversable. Something different on each side

:arrow: Do you have any suggestions? :idea:

Easter and Thanksgiving
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263154[/ATTACH]

Halloween
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263155[/ATTACH]

School Days and Birthdays the school house really isn't wonky just bad photographer, me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263156[/ATTACH]

close up of ribbon loop
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263157[/ATTACH]

ribbon loops and buttons/pockets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263158[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-263101.jpe   attachment-263102.jpe   attachment-263103.jpe   attachment-263104.jpe   attachment-263105.jpe