Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by Bennett
Oh my--jump on that 1st one. A new plate wouldn't be that hard to find, and the decals are so pretty! You can't go wrong at that price.
Yay! Just got an email - talked to Tim going to go look at the 15. I asked - he said it had the bobbin case. He also has a 99 that someone else is looking at. I don't know how I missed that one. He found these at garage sales and picked them (the 15 and 99) up thinking he could sell them and make a buck. He must have found them CHEAP! (I looked it up - this is the 99 he had - )
http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2616865389.html
Nice machines, both the 99 and the 15. The 99 is interesting to me because I have never seen one in a cabinet just in the cases. He did get the 99 cheap if $25 is his asking price.
He told me the lady didn't want the cabinet - just the machine. He gave me her phone #, but said she was hard to understand. He is a city fireman and said he saw all the stuff out on the lawn at a lawn sale and thought they looked cool. Wife sews - has a Janome and a Brother - and... a featherweight she never uses. He showed it to me. Starts with AL - great shape, good case, has the insert, only minor scratches on the top of the machine. It has the attachments and the button holer. He asked what they were going for and then said he was going to ask the wife about listing that, too.

Okay - I got the 15. I have a question. It measures about 7" under the harp and is about 14 1/2" by 7" - about the size of my 99. But the tension is on the front and by the serial numbers, it says its a 15. I thought they were bigger. Its all right by me, I want to put a crank on it (and I have one here handy!) and it is sure heavy enough already. I just had a question about it.
Sew Classic has bases