View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:40 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

following the rules/guidelines- using quality fabric- creating blocks to the best of your ability which you would be happy to receive if they came from someone else.
we all know---no one is perfect- swaps are often a chance for someone to try something new-
as long as you do the best you can-- use good fabric- follow the rules of the swap- you will do fine.

i did a swap a few years ago where one person did not follow the guidelines- and the blocks (6 years later) are still on a shelf in my closet---they were red-work embroidered calendar blocks on white squares---one block was done on a tan fabric- so there are 11 nice white blocks- and one...ugly brown one- i always think when i pull them out- one of these days i should make a replacement block- but have never got around to it- and i've been a bit upset that the blocks were exchanged=and not returned to the person who disregarded the rules of the swap ---AND NO- IT WAS NOT HERE...all of the swaps i have participated in here have been great swaps!