View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 04:21 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by keesha_ont
Last Thursday I had cataract surgery with astigmatism corrective lens put in my eye. Surgery went well - no discomfort, etc. at all. Prior to this surgery I was blind as a bat pretty near without my glasses. I now have one eye done and starting to see pretty good with it. However, I'm finding it very very difficult to function when the other eye is worse than the one I had done. Took the lens out of my glasses for the "new" eye but can't see anything with both eyes with the lens for the other eye in. I've tried taping the other eye lens with electrical tape but it seems to be straining the eye that had surgery. I'm feeling pretty frustrated as about all I can do is sit on the couch and listen to the tv. My husband has been getting the brunt of my frustration. I'm sure once the other eye is done (october 14) both eyes will work together nicely but right now that is too far away for me. I'm also supposed to be at work (accountant) as I have a lot of deadlines. One of the worst problems is that I can see my quilting room from the couch where I have about 25 boomerang squares to make (sorry ladies - they'll be coming) and can't sew a stitch. I think that is the hardest for me to endure right now. I am thankful that there is surgery like this and in a month or so I'll be eternally grateful for this surgery but right now I'm not liking it at all. Just wondering if anyone else out there has had implant surgery for this problem and how they functioned until the second eye was done. Thank you all!
I held my best friend's hand, through the same surgery, for cataracts. Be patient. Try listening to music. You can just close your eyes and enjoy. He liked classical. What's your favorite? Keep your mind on the end. What a blessing.