View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
barnbum

Boy--what could go wrong, did. :roll:
1. When I finished the top and laid the pattern on it--it didn't fit. I called my teenaged daughter to help--and she calmly turned the pattern upside down and it was perfect. (Whew!) I don't usually sew with these greek directions--and it didn't say to turn it upside down! :roll:

2. I followed directions--but I should never have attempted cutting half the back without folding it first (heavy sigh), so I dug around in my stash and found some muslin--but it was pink--a light pink--so I used it. It is the back after all.

3. When it said to sew the two top pieces together, it should have reminded me to line up the intersections--I ask you, is that so hard to add?? :P I forgot so a few are off. I tried to hide them with the yarn bows. :roll:

4. I decided white yarn was the best choice and nothing else would do--and we didn't have any. Daughter got some today while I was at work. Yea! But then I couldn't find the right sized needle. Too big--it made craters in my work! Too small--the yarn couldn't be pulled through. (heavy sigh) Finally searched my grandmother's sewing box and found the perfect one. (thank you grandma!)

And here's how it looks in the end:

Attached Thumbnails attachment-52228.jpe   attachment-52262.jpe