View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Hibernialass

Hello! I have only very recently started quilting, although I have a good deal of experience sewing generally. It's going very well and I've finished my first quilt top. Serendipitously, I recently inherited a Pfaff 1471 sewing machine. I had no idea what a fine machine it was, and actually thought about selling it at a garage sale before I started looking into it and learned what good machines these are! I have taken it in to be serviced and cleaned and am just tickled to have it now that I know what it can do. However, I have looked and looked and cannot find a foot specifically for free motion quilting on this machine. I've seen many refer to the "darning foot" in relation to free form quilting, and have also seen this: http://www.amazon.com/Foot-Presser-F.../dp/B0018N63B8 which lists some Pfaff machines but not my model. Just wondering if anyone out there has some insight. I've NEVER tried free motion quilting. Was just going to rely on books, tutorials, practice and luck to get it rolling. Any insight is most appreciated.