View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 AM
thseabreze

this is my hopes...yes, she has been to the vet, too many times to count, the first time, for pancreatitis, was about 8 weeks ago, she went back for 5 days, for iv fluids daily, and antibiotic shot, and nausea meds, etc...then all the meds at home she took, and then 6 weeks later, here it is again, still severe, but we caught it earlier this time, she is on the Prescription Diet, ID, I use the canned, she liked it better, but I have both canned and dry ID. Now today, she isn't into even the canned. The vet gave me a print out for the foods, it shows calories, etc...from an old book, about 15 yrs old, but mostly rice, cottage cheese, later on some chicken and boiled egg yokes, etc...the vte gave her the serenia and something like carafet, may not be spelled right...she has been taking 2 and sometimes 3 meds daily for the stomach nausea...etc...she wanted to eat grass yesterday and topday...sign of vomiting. The vet said if she vomits ot bring her in, she's in trouble....thanks for all the reply's, I was hoping someone had knowledge of the diet to make at home, maybe something different than what was printed out