View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:24 PM
MrsBoats

So ThingOne (21) texts me today and says he's out junking with his girlfriend's mom, and has just bought me a sewing machine. The he texts me again and says, no, actually *two* machines, pictures to follow. I had to export them to my computer to see them properly, but I've certainly trained him well!

The first says Alco on the arm, but Necchi-Alco on the pillar. Is this a badged Necchi? I didn't know there was such a thing. It looks like a class 15 clone. It was $10, in the table.

The other one was a Necchi BU, serie Nova. From the pic I got the bed is bubbled, but I'll have to see it in person. It was $12 in the kind of giant table with a left and right leaf and the chair that, when pushed in, makes it look like one piece of furniture. He didn't know that normally I don't buy the tables (I've got a big one like that besides) but gf's mom wants it, so it's all good.

I've still only seen pictures-he's in OH and I'm in VA. We'll have to arrange a pony express among the cousins or something; I shudder to think of the price of mailing me two chunks of steel like that.

Do I remember that Necchi's don't fit on Singer hinge pins? Do they fit on Pfaff pins? That's what's currently in my main table.

the Necchi-Alco
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263716[/ATTACH]

the Necchi BU
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263717[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-263663.jpe   attachment-263664.jpe