View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 PM
amyjo

I hope it is very well pkg'd. My Spartan came today and sorry to say in bad shape. they had put styrofoam peanuts, some plastic bags and also some bubble wrap (that was completely shot) 3 cardboard pieces on top. The one big screw stuck out the side of the box, 2 other holes in the box, broken bottom piece with no screw or washer in the box, and lots of broken little black pieces. the part of the wheel guard that you have the bobbin winder on is busted, and the plate above the bobbin doesn't go in all the way any more. Sent the seller a note via EBAY. He responded saying sorry that it was treated so badly, he had insurance on it and would send them to me and once he got them back he would give me my money back. Now, I did not pay much for this little beauty, but it cost $30 for shipping and as far as I can see was not packaged properly to prevent this damage. and I am sure even tho it said FRAGILE all over the box the USPS did not treat it like it was fragile. It had been thrown from what I can tell. Don't know whether I can get a new bottom to set the machine in so I can use it or not.