Old 09-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

I have a front-loading Asko and really like it. However, the washer and dryer are too small to do large comforters; those have to be taken to a laundromat.

Front-loaders take considerably less water and less detergent than top-loaders, and the tumbling action is much easier on clothes than an agitator is. Especially if you pay for water, these are savings that can really add up over time. I especially like how clothes stay new-looking so much longer.

I actually like the small capacity of my Asko, as it allows me to separate clothes into reds, blacks, etc. -- more than just lights and darks. Plus fewer clothes tumbling together reduces abrasion from the wash cycle. I can stuff a dozen towels in at a time, so that is not a problem. However, larger families than mine might benefit from a larger capacity.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably opt for a larger capacity front loader. The savings in wear and tear on the clothes alone are enough to sell me on them. I think LG is a decent brand, but I'm not sure.