Old 09-29-2011, 06:43 AM
deplaylady

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Okay - I got the 15. I have a question. It measures about 7" under the harp and is about 14 1/2" by 7" - about the size of my 99. But the tension is on the front and by the serial numbers, it says its a 15. I thought they were bigger. Its all right by me, I want to put a crank on it (and I have one here handy!) and it is sure heavy enough already. I just had a question about it.
Deplaylady, that machine is not the size of a 99. A 99 or 28/128 measures 6.5"'s by 12"s - about 3/4's the size of a regular machine. I was really excited when you described this machine as the same size as your 99 - that would have made it an anomaly - very exciting! But, your machine at 14.5"s long is a regular size machine. Sorry to tell you this!

But, on a good note do you realize how rare it is to find a 15 with the Tiffany/Gingerbread decals! I'd love to own one!
Nancy
For some reason, i thought 15s had the same throat space as my 201 - not sure why! anyways, yes its bigger than the 99. Someday I'll have to take a pic the 201, 15, 99, 221 and the Sewhandy just to compare sizes.
I didn't know the Gingerbread was harder to find. I am really pleased at the condition of the decals. I finally sewed with it last night - it sewed great - crank and all! Actually it was kond of fun!