Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 AM
donna13350

I have a Singer Perfect Finish that I bought in March...I just can't say enough great things about it! I absolutely love, love, love the built in stitch regulator! It took me from being an average FMQ-er to a confident, ready to go quilter! I love the speed adjustment and that I don't need to use the foot pedal! I have never taken my pedal out of the wrapper it came in...it was a lot easier to get used to than I thought..and I don't have any back or neck pain anymore..the "auto pilot" allows me to sit at a much more comfortable, natural position!
And...I had a great experience with their customer service tech line...I had been quilting for hours the night before and everything was fine..I shut the machine off as usual...when I went to quilt the next day, I turned the machine on, and the needle just vibrated and it made a horrible noise! I was heartbroken...none of my buttons did anything and turning it off and on didn't help...I thought I had fried my computer...so I called...reluctantly...expecting the worst,but I got a very nice (English as a first language) lady...I held the phone to the machine so she could hear it...she told me to unscrew my FMQ foot, re-attach, rotate my handwheel till the needle was high, and turn the machine on again...and it was fixed! It has only done that once...user error...I shut the machine off with the needle in it's lowest position...so...like anything else, I guess it has it's quirks, but it has not dampened my love for this machine!
I have seen a brother machine at Walmart for just over a hundred dollars with the built in stitch regulator, too...and Singer has a cheaper model, but I don't know anything about them.
Good luck...and Happy quilting whatever machine you get!