View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 05:18 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

With the black eyed susan's flowering in my garden, it made me think of this quilt that I pictured with them last year.

As I worked on it, I knew it was "the" gift for some special friends when they were married last year. I later "repossessed" it from them to show at our local Fair (their's too). We were all thrilled to arrive at the Fair last Thanksgiving weekend to discover a Red/1st Ribbon attached!!!!!!

Butterflies in My Garden was a creation of my own. It was inspired by a pumpkin pattern with flying geese that I liked and then it all evolved from there. The print fabric had been some I'd bought, just because I liked it and had no plans for it's destination.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264380[/ATTACH]

I like to coordinate backings, and don't like blah plain ones! Using 42" fabric, requires piecing, so I added in some of the extra pieced butterflies, and fussy cut the print.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264381[/ATTACH]

A closer look at one of the corners. If you look real close, you might be able to see that the LAQ is all butterflies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264382[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-264327.jpe   attachment-264328.jpe   attachment-264329.jpe