View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Annie68

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT
My daughter is currently in college and is going on a mission trip in March. We are brainstorming fundraisers and I instantly thought of a raffle quilt.

I read an article in a magazine that said the best raffle quilt to make is one that is queen sized, uses at least 8 or 9 fabrics in various colors, and is a traditional pattern (because it stated that even a non-quilter appreciates the traditional quilt).

My first thought is a scrappy log cabin quilt, but wanted to get other's opinions on this.

Also, the color pallet.... I don't want to buy fabrics (will use from my stash), so the color pallet will either be country (I have a huge stock of Kansas Troubles, Brannock & Patek, and Thimbleberries) OR civil war era (I have another huge stock of Jo Morton, Judie Rothermel, etc.).

So, basically I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the patterns and fabrics.

Thanks so much for your assistance!

Suzanne
My first thought is a scrappy log cabin too. I'm making one right now, maybe that's why. You really can't beat a log cabin for overall eye appeal which is what you want for a raffle quilt, as you say this has to be something a nonquilter can appreciate.

Good luck!