View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 AM
cutebuns
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
CB, your quilt is just one of the cutest I've seen. Your decisions on the quilting patterns were really very good.

I want a long arm very badly.....did it take you long to learn? You have a great set-up there.
It really didn't take long to learn, I didn't even get a demo on how to thread it, there is a book etc on it. Though it is a sewing machine, how hard can it be to thread? THere are still little things that I am learning, I will probably be learning little things for quiet a few years on it. THe biggest thing is to relax when working the machine, it will flow so much nice. I have a couple of books, for machine quilting, some cover both the small and long arm, the biggest difference is that I move the machine instead of the fabric. I had to watch the dvd a few times to be okay at loading everything up, now that I have done it a few times I can do it no problem, I remember what side goes up and what side goes down, what piece goes on what bar. It is pretty simple after you have seen it a couple of times. and now it is a matter to figure out how to get it to do all the pretty stuff I see everyone else doing. Practice, practice paractice. There is some to remember when doing it, making sure that you pull up the bobbin thread a tthe beginning, making sure you pull the bobbin thread up at the end to snip it so you are not dragging it everywhere, where I can leave the end if I want to continue after moving the quilt up. I didn't do to bad doing the tracing. I have so many more ideas. I want to try them all.