Thread: Local Shop Hop
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Gramie bj

I just finished our local Shop hop. Had a great time We had 11 shops and 10 days to hit them. We do not have a bus system or charter for this. I did it in 2 1/2 days, 698 miles. This year I drove it all by myself. My hopping partner came down with the flu. Take lots of cold water, a list and samples of fabric you want to match up, a note pad to record what you can find where, Get a business card from each shop. Take a snack, cell phone, A Garmin, unless you know the area very well, a lot of farm fields are between these towns, not a lot a people. I also throw in an overnite bag just incase I get to tired, sun screen, Comfy schoes to walk and drive in, sunglasses, hat, and jacket. Don't forget first aid kit and kleenex! This year I got a papercut so bad it was bleeding had an awful time getting it stoped! LOL lill drops of blood all over the place used the last of my kleenex stopping it. All I needed was one band-aid! LOL Have fun on your hop! You will meet all kinds of people and have a great time! They are all so friendly and helpful, after all they are all quilters! LOL