Old 09-30-2011, 10:07 PM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by Janis
Now I see the boxes in the drawer. And it says it has to be picked up in Orange Co., CA and can't be shipped. Too far away from me here in IN. I don't think it'd be worth the cross country trip for it. I might better look here at yard sales for one.
How do you like your 301? Would you have bought it again? Do you have other vintage machines?
The 301 is a very nice machine, making pretty stitches and solid for heavy work, such as jeans or quilts. I got mine in a regular fold out cabinet for $35 from a flea market, before I even know it was such a neat machine. I got a 66 ($30) the same day from a lady on my paper route. And I have 5 Japanese clones, some fetish I have, and several other machines. I like the early electric ones I guess. I had the vintage sewing machine collecting bug before I knew it was an official illness...lol. My mom and husband are enablers to the extreme. I got started on collecting at the ripe old age of 14, when I asked my grandpa for his mama's treadle that was just sitting in her old house. Some of his sisters had hissy fits, but I got it and kept it anyway. My plan is 50 by next June, when I turn 50. I am only 6 away, and am trying to be very specific about how I fill in those slots, but temptation is terrible, and if I find a good buy, it comes home with me.