View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 05:09 AM
AprilG

I went to my very first Quilt Show Yesterday. My head is still swimming! It was GREAT. I won a door prize! It is a 6 1/2" square ruler. It is by Sullivan and is called "The Cutting Edge". It sharpens your rotary cutter as you use it. Has anyone tried ths yet. I hope that it won't really damage my blade. I'll try it on an old blade and see if it re-sharpens it.

The quilts were wonderful. So many colors and patterns. I was totally blown away.

I also got to try a Long Arm quilter by Handi Quilter. It was really easy to set up and use. My quilting line was not perfect (of course) but not bad either. The lady sells Handi Quilters and has a shop locally. She also has a class on the HQs and then rents a LA for $25.00 per hour. Is this a good price? The class is $150.00 for the manual LA and another $150.00 for the class on the computerized one. You must take the first before the second class. I'm really thinking that this will be the best way to get my quilts quilted. What's your opinons. I know you have them!