Old 10-01-2011, 05:48 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Janis
redturtle, your 99 looks like mine, except that I see a white foot petal in back of the machine, or at least that's what I think is there. The hole in the front of the bottom of the case is for a knee bar, which mine has. But yours probably has been rewired to use the petal, is that right? Mine is a 99-13, meaning it has the knee bar.

OK, now I need help. I bought some 66 bobbins from a sewing machine repairman, and they were a bit much, $1.00 each, or so I thought when I saw the Singer 66 (metal) bobbins at Walmart at a price of 4 for 97cents or something like that, under a dollar. I went ahead and bought 4 package. I used one of the Walmart Singer bobbins and wound thread on it and put it into the bobbin holder, but it won't go around easily, it wanted to stick. I then tried putting the ones from the repairman in and they twirled around without sticking at all. (I used a pin in one of the holes to twirl it around in the bobbin casing. I tried all of the rest of the bobbins in the W S package, and they stuck like the first one did. I didn't open any more of the packages, as I thought they'd be the same. Has anyone else had this problem too? If so, where do you get your bobbins? Thank goodness I saved my receipt so I can take them all back to Walmart.
Janis, Miriam is right! Use the Wal Mart ones for the new machines, or earrings - whatever - but, they won't work in the vintage machines. We have all learned that the hard way too -- you are not alone! Yes, at $1 apiece the vintage Class 66 are pricey, but the 'new' ones don't work. The only 'new' bobbins that will work on some vintage machines are the Class 15's you can get at Wal Mart for your Model 15 machines, etc., not the Class 66!

Nancy