Old 10-01-2011, 05:52 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by melinda1962
The 301 is a very nice machine, making pretty stitches and solid for heavy work, such as jeans or quilts. I got mine in a regular fold out cabinet for $35 from a flea market, before I even know it was such a neat machine. I got a 66 ($30) the same day from a lady on my paper route. And I have 5 Japanese clones, some fetish I have, and several other machines. I like the early electric ones I guess. I had the vintage sewing machine collecting bug before I knew it was an official illness...lol. My mom and husband are enablers to the extreme. I got started on collecting at the ripe old age of 14, when I asked my grandpa for his mama's treadle that was just sitting in her old house. Some of his sisters had hissy fits, but I got it and kept it anyway. My plan is 50 by next June, when I turn 50. I am only 6 away, and am trying to be very specific about how I fill in those slots, but temptation is terrible, and if I find a good buy, it comes home with me.
Melinda that is so cool that you still have your Great Gramma's treadle - especially when you got it at 14! Wow! You go girl!

Nancy