Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janis
Thanks for the information on the no. 66 bobbins for the older machines. My hubby thought that one might just file down the new ones and make them work, but I don't want to mess up my wonderful 99 with trying them. It's not worth it. I'll gladly pay the dollar each for the bobbins from now on. How many do I need, anyway? I have 5 of the new ones and one old one that came in the machine. Should I go and buy more, 'just in case'?
Another dumb question. My 99 has a knob that makes the stitch length longer and shorter. Now which way do I need to turn it to make it longer? Anyone know? And how far to make much of a difference in the stitch length? There are no numbers on either it nor on the tension, but on the tension I never know which way to turn it to make it work right, but have gotten it adjusted so it is right at the moment, so won't fiddle with that until I need to.
Thanks for the help.
The bobbins from sew-classic work real good and aren't $1 each.
I never pay any attention to the numbers on the tension. I adjust it so that it goes with a little tug - not too much... just a tad... I don't know about the stitch length adjustment - turn the knob until you get what you like??