View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 AM
pgthom

Originally Posted by Ghetohound
Originally Posted by pgthom
I agree, it's dishtowel fabric. You can purchase it in yardage. Someone really liked it and was going to make a lot of towels!

Grandson going to Detroit Childrens? My granddaughter is a patient there periodically for her throat. She has a paralyzed vocal cord from having a trach. She is a triplet, was a one pound preemie. Now 10 yrs. old!

Good luck to him, hope he sails through the surgery. Hugs to your special boy and his grandma!
Sorry he has had to have so many shunt revisions!
He is a frequent flyer at Children's. He has hydrocephalus (49 revisions thus far) and recently diagnosed with Chairi Malformation and needs decompression surgery (brain surgery). He is a tough little guy to have been through so much in his 6 years. I must admit, the doc's said he wouldn't make it 3 days after he was born. Hmp! He sure showed them! He is a special little boy and I am so happy the big guy upstairs put him in my life!
Sorry he has had to have so many shunt revisions! What is making it fail so often? Our girl has had over 30 surgeries, but he's got her beat. Amazing how tough these little ones are. Only thing that keeps them alive sometimes. Will remember you both in my thoughts and prayers. I am a retired RN, worked a lot with "special needs" kids and have a big heart for them. Give him a big hug from Grandma Penny!