Thread: quilt pattern
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:49 PM
mpeters1200

Tim wrote:

Patrice,

I first made all 100 blocks and a couple over... and yes there are the reverses of the original 3 blocks (left and righ handed ones). So I do have 5 types (plus I made one up, don't tell anyone) so I really have 6 types of blocks. I counted how many I had of each one and made little templates of them in a CAD program. I then took the little templates and put them together so no seams hit any seams from any other blocks. Only the block edges hit the other block edges. I printed out this map and took it to a large piece of floor, then layed out the quilt, moving blocks of like type around till I liked the color combinations.

BTW - I am a software engineer with a background in photography.

tim in san jose

Um wow. The reason that I have stayed at beginner beginner status for 5 years is that I am really hideous at math. It seems as if Mr. Tim has more talent in his pinky nail than I have in my whole being. I have to follow a quilt pattern exactly or I make really silly mistakes. It also seems that if I tackle a pattern that says easy, but doesn't look easy it takes me forever and a day. I'm glad I love it so much or I would have given up a long time ago. My step son has an amazing math brain, I have to bug him whenever I look at a pattern to decide if I want to do it or not. It sounds like you could copyright your own patterns!!

Melissa