View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:46 AM
DogHouseMom

Started my day early. Husband left for work and I went and did the grocery shopping. Bought 2 pumpkins, stuff for dinner (Pot Roast!), ground beef and rice for a sick dogs meals, and ham for sandwiches through the week.

Came home, through a load of laundry in, cut the pumpkins and removed seeds and started them in a soak, braised the meat for the pot roast, changed a load of clothes, started meat & veg in the slow cooker, brought the pumpkin shells to a neighbor to make pies, vacuumed and dusted, changed another load of clothes and put other clothes away, browned the beef and made rice for the dog, made the bed, stored the beef and rice in tupperware, did the dishes, changed another load of clothes and put more clothes away.

Then ... I went outside to sit on the garden bench and do some hand sewing (binding). I'm on my first length of thread - perhaps 10 minutes into sewing and my husband pulls into the drive. I was ALL PREPARED to tell him everything I accomplished today when he strolls over and the first thing out of his mouth ....

"Did you buy bread, I want a sandwich".

DOH!!! There goes my gold star.