View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:10 PM
romanojg

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Viking Ruby. It's a pre-owned one but I know the previous owner and know that not only does she take excellent care of her machines plus she only had it a couple of months before she traded it in on the diamond.
I've been wanting a machine like this for a long time and buying used even if it's from a store is scary. I didnt think I'd be able to get one for years. I decided to apply for the credit and the shop owner told me not to be upset if I didn't get approved because very few people do. With recoping from a divorce I told her that I would be shocked if I did get it. I am still in shock a few hours later.
The good thing is that I still get the free lessons as if it was new and a warranty. They also have an embroidery club that will teach me projects each month. Now I get to start creating more than quilts and embellish the quilts too. I already have the viking mega quilter which has a 9in throat but the ruby has a 91/2 in. I decided to keep the mega right now and set it up just so that i can start practicing my quilting on it. I'm moving on to the next layer. I just wanted to share my happiness.