Old 10-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by Bennett
Well, I don't know what happened, but if this is a double post, sorry!

Made a haul today, beautiful weather, perfect for yard sales even if I didn't get started until noon.

At one place, I was about to start opening up Singer cabinets to see what was inside (4 of them!) but the seller said they were already sold, the customer just couldn't fit them all in her truck at once. (Yep, done that before!) I so want to know what was in them now. :) Had a box of blackside attachments sitting on top too.

But that's okay, I got 2 machines for a whopping $15 bucks. The Universal needs a presser foot screw and has no foot pedal, but it's pink and white with chrome, how can you go wrong with that? The real keeper is the Elna Supermatic. No manual, but looks like most everything I need is there, including some cams and the knee bar. She makes a weird clunky jerking sound (maybe from the belt area?) but she does run. I'll have to spend a little time figuring that out.

Then, I found a puzzle box at another sale. The seller was all ready to tell me what it was and show it off, but I think I disappointed him a little when I actually knew how it worked. Oh well, he has my $5 and I've got a puzzle box, we're both happy now. :D
On the Elna
The friction drive wheel behind the hand wheel may have a flat spot on it. Ask me how I know. I have one that did the same sounds. This is a common problem with these machines.