View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 09:01 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

I was asked by friend Darcy Ashton to come down to the Guthrie, OK guild quilt show today and was a bit reluctant to drive down alone. My DH said GO..you know you want to see Darcy...so I did..
and GOODNESS am I ever glad that I did.

Darcy was happy to see me...and so was Susan Masters.(Haven't seen Sue since Jan!) I got to join them as they did their demo's and had a blast.
Susan Masters has a new technique out called "facets" and it is amazing...I can not wait to try my own...but I think I am going to go down to OKcity and stay a weekend with her and really learn it..heheh

then I got to help Darcy with her demo of her little wool pincushions and actually learned something NEW...Darcy has created a NEW type of blanket stitch that has now been fondly named the Darcy Stitch!

AFter helping her sell her wares she gave me a tiny pincushion lapel pin that I just fell in love with!

Then we had a quick bite to eat at the show, looked at the quilts, bid Susan a fond farewell as she left(something about Baylor being on TV....football...ehehhe) then Darcy and I headed into Historical downtown Guthrie. What a treat...they were having a Street festival that was ART/Bluegrass...OH MY...live music, food, Gun fighters, and downtown Guthrie is loaded with THE best antique shops on the planet...we scoured them all, as well as the street vendor booths, a lovely NEW yarn/knitting shop and an art gallery that was heaven...they are mainly going to having hand crafted AMERICAN artist stuff and it was lovely...they also sold REAL Licorice from England, Germany and Holland...wow..what a really special treat..Darcy even LOVES licorice now..hehehhe

The weather was the best ever for OK and it was a truly wonderful day!!! Sure felt blessed all the way home!