Thread: Ottlites
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Quiltinvaca

Originally Posted by mim
I thought Ott had a warranty on the light fixture. -- the bulb is not under warranty. I would have taken it back as defective.
Some people buy cheap 3 way bulbs -- I always buy Sylvania because if it blows they are happy to replace them. There is a number of guaranteed hours of use.
Mim

Originally Posted by lfletcher
I have had 2 floor model Ott lights and the first only lasted 89 days and the second lasted less than a year. I will not buy another although I did really like them when they worked. I currently have a floor lamp I purchased at Home Depot and put a daylight florescent bulb in. It works fairly well, but I did prefer the light that the Ott emitted. Just could not justify the cost with the limited duration of the light.
OMG -- my first Ott lamp lasted about 3 years; I replaced the bulb and it has been almost 10 years now. My floor lamp has had the same bulb since day one (almost 8 years ago). A friend bought one from JoAnns which lasted just a couple of months, but JoAnns ordered a new bulb and gave it to her free! You got took!!