View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 05:13 AM
LyndaK

I'm not that impressed with the new one. I have the 11000 and that's what I'll stay with. I'm sewing on vintage Singers at the present time, and using my Janome for embroidery. I also have a stand alone embroidery machine. I won't be replacing the 11000. If it breaks down, I'll just use the older machines for sewing and the MB4 for embroidery. Need to cull the "herd" here a bit, and buying new machines isn't in my budget.

I'm wondering though, with the recession hitting so hard, how many new machines they'll sell. I know there are sewists who will buy the new one because it's new and they can afford it. I also know that some people finance sewing machines. I cannot justify a machine that would equal the price of a used car, a kitchen reno, or in some cases, almost a downpayment on a small home.....makes me wonder.......But, they must figure they can sell them. And I hope those that buy them enjoy them and share their experiences so we can all live vicariously through them:) I'm hearing $9200 for a price point.......without trade in.