Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 10:46 AM
sewingbuddy

My name is Margaret and I currently live in Toledo, Oh. I recently retired and plan to move to Tennessee soon. I started general sewing when I was in School in Texas as a seventh grader. I loved sewing for my children as they grew but when they reached a certain age, they resented me making things for them.

My mother was a quilter from the depression area. She never used any patterns but blocks and any material she could find. Alot of our quilts came from the clothes we had outgrown. I on the other hand, buy my material, love the challange of making the blocks fit together and working the puzzle, sort of speak. I have been quilting since the 80's. I hand quilt and it has taken me up to 7 years to finsih one quilt. But I generally have alot of different quilts that I work on all the time. Curantly I have 25 tops that need quilting, one that I am quilting on and material and patterns for probably 20 more.

I hope to make alot of new friends here. My sister-in-law just told me about it today. Thanks for providing such a nice area. :thumbup: :-P :-P :-P

Made for my daughter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265866[/ATTACH]

7 years to quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265867[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265813.jpe   attachment-265814.jpe