View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 AM
wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
My friends and I went to the Shreveport Quilt Show this weekend and I registered for a GO Baby. Weeeelll, they called me today to say I WON!!!! I am sooooooo excited I can hardly stand it. I never win things when i register so I was estatic when they called to say I won. Can't wait to get it. It will really come in handy since I learned this past week I am gonna be a grandma again!!! Whoohooo
I am enormously happy for you. I have heard the name of the GO Baby, but not recalling what it is. Anyway it has to be great. I never win anything, so can only imagine how happy you must be.

I do want to say that because of my work on the dolls for sick kids, the local Soroptimist Club has nominated me for a reward, which IF I AM SELECTED, could earn me a cash award of some kind that is a state wide award (called the Ruby award and is for woman in the community who are either professional business woman,or woman who are volunteers and help woman and children through their volunteer activity. I will know in January if I am selected. They tell me if it goes state wide, it would be eligible to go Global as well. I have no idea how much 'cash' that means, but know it is intended to help in furthering the making of dolls for sick kids. I think it is an honor to even be nominated and I appreciate them doing that for me.

Congratulations and send pictures my friend. I can hardly wait to see it.

That is wonderful news.

Vickey Stamps