Old 10-03-2011, 02:48 PM
BoJangles

[quote=Candace]
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, I am really bummed! We went to a storage unit sale yesterday. The only machine there was a Glennen Embellishment machine. I had never heard of it so I came home and looked it up. Geeze, after watching a demo on U-tube, I am so bummed I didn't buy the machine! I had never seen an embellishment machine. It has a bobbin and sews down ribbon, yarn, etc., not an actual sewing machine - not a felter, just an embellishment embroidery machine!

Nancy

Any sewing machine with the proper foot is an embellisher. I think that's why these machines tanked in sales....who wants to take up all that room for a separate machine when your sewing machine does the exact same thing. Couching feet, cording feet and ribbon/embellishing feet are all available for most manufacturers. I know I have most of the feet for my Janome and Bernina has scads of them.
Yep, you are right Candace! I have tons of those feet too, but they are not fun! I am intrigued by the anomaly type machines! I am still bummed that I did not get that machine since it was made to only 'embellish!' How fun would that be to play with!

Nancy