Old 10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Leann

Originally Posted by nancia
i'm enjoying all the closet talk! a couple or 3 years ago, before the great illness, i had lost 40 lbs on ww and had all new clothes. so i gave away anything and everything, except one blouse(silk and very beautiful), that was too big! and of course, i had been buying all new stuff. i am a clothes horse, have i mentioned? i do everything 200% or don't bother. anyway, the stress of a home flood, job down sizing, and my husband's pancreatic cancer was enough to pack the lbs back on and invite their friends. so, the thing is-- i have all the clothes from my short foray into thinnerness and now i go 'shopping in my closet' and it's cheap- as in, already paid for. so, go ahead and give 'em away! new is fun! so is thinner!
I love your word - thinnerness! Like you, I have plenty of clothes to wear. And I WILL get rid of things that are too big. My biggest flaw is sweats. Moving out of things with elastic (was my biggest size) has been so freeing.

I'll have to buy me some long johns to wear under my jeans. I don't think it would look very nice to wear sweats over my jeans.

My drugs are taking effect, so off to bed I go. Will this stuff ever leave my body? I don't see the doctor again until next week. Tomorrow will be a better day.