View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 07:48 PM
DebJ

:lol: :D :D :D :D :D So glad it is done!!!!!!!!!

The Red Hat “Lap” really? Topped with a ribbon panel. Left to right then down. Attic window with her two “girls”, Grandmothers fan because she is a grandmother, Jump for Joy block because she teaches aerobics, the heart garden block – because she loves to garden, eccentric star (aka formal garden so named by me) – because it’s going to be showplace, snail trail – because where there are gardens there are snails, Iris – she lives in TN and that is the state flower, sister’s choice – I chose all the blocks and designed this ( just wish the quilting had turned out better, L next block is Mississippi where I live, blocks in a box variation – to use as label, cake - for her birthday/because she bakes cakes, “stamp block with her dog daisy (my creation) – the funny about her going to purchase stamps because postage was going up. The center block “Red Hat” from the picture I took of her, my “Baby Sister” a member of the Red Hat Society, which is for 50+ ladies. I truly hope she enjoys this quilt for years to come. This was to be a “lap quilt” but it grew or had a thyroid problem one. LOL