View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Metanoia

Once I finish the one I'm working on I want to start work on a quilt and try to get it finished in time for christmas as a present, but I am having trouble deciding on a design.

I would like the design to be a square lap quilt size - around the size of 55" to 72" square

Here is what I want to include:
- Fat quarter size custom printed of a cat as main feature - colours are grey cat on medium blue lounge chair, probably cut to 18" square
- dominant colour blue
- I have up to 18 small 3" square prints of cats that can be used, perhaps as a border feature
- I could include another colour to give it a lift if needed, but would prefer to stick to blues or blue + cream

I don't know how elaborate to make it, however it could include appique or embroidery as well as I am confident I could do this.

My best idea so far is attached, however I am having trouble finding examples of this sort of quilt design style. I am not overly happy with the outer border as I think it is too fussy and I don't think I have made the design large enough to fit my size requirements, but as I am the beginner I release myself to any advice and examples/suggestions I might get here.

Thankyou
Attached Thumbnails attachment-17903.jpe