Old 07-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Skeat

Someone hug that Pat Sloane if you know her!! I love to read color books, about color, etc..and, if you are as addicted to color and it's direction, OR.....if you thumb yourself in the nose and have no idea what direction to go..then you have to check out her book. "Take The Fear Out Of Color".. I don't know how long it has been around...but, a great inspiration and full of starting ideas!! (I checked mine out of our library!)
(If you read it and have started putting your own color books, etc together...then thread in here!)

She has you make your own notebook, clip and glue pictures of objects of color by pages. Things that appeal to you, etc. Personalize the book. Which I am going to do so soon!! Only I'm going to go crazy w/mine:)(Imagine that!) It's a great plan! To put different objects and colors together that appeal to you!! There is a great plan in buying fabrics!! I like her description of how she decides when a busy fabric is a certain color....I've been doing that myself and feel I earned a badge!LOL

I've seen booklets from others of snippets of fabric, etc. Even had a friend organize hers by picture of pattern, finished quilt, dates, notes of struggles and wins, etc....all of these are great ideas and contribute to growth in color!!:)Now, who has this book, has read it or one like it??And, do we want to challenge ourselves to 'journal' and make one to show and tell??!! Tag! You are It!LOL Skeat